Available with either M12 or M8 connector ports, the new Lumberg Automation™ modules are designed for ease of installation and plug-and-play startup. In addition, they offer comprehensive diagnostics possibilities, meet the requirements of protection class IP67, and exhibit high resistance to shock and jarring.
The LioN-Link peripheral I/O system can be used for line topologies of up to 100 m in length. The system comprises bus coupling modules for interfacing with higher-level fieldbus systems, including Profibus, CANopen, DeviceNet or Ethernet, and protocol-independent I/O modules. A key benefit is that machine manufacturers only need to implement minor hardware modifications when connecting equipment to end customers’ specific communication networks if they use different data transmission protocols.
The new modules in detail:
- The 0940 PSL 602 bus coupling module has been specially designed for the control of electrical drives over Profibus-DP V1. Up to nine 0942 UEM 783 motion drive control modules can be connected to its two Link ports, suitable for controlling a maximum of 72 drives.
- The motion drive control modules have four outputs that can be configured both for brushless EC and brush-fitted DC as well as other DC motors. Acceleration, speed and deceleration can be controlled in noncyclical mode.
- The 0942 UEM 620 I/O Link master module provides point-to-point connections for intelligent sensors and actuators by means of the I/O Link protocol. Four ports can be configured as digital inputs/outputs or for communications mode. The module is wired with three-conductor standard cords that can be up to 20 m in length. The Profibus bus coupling module allows users to connect up to six master modules. In combination with a Profinet bus coupling module from the LioN-Link family, the I/O Link master module can also be used in Ethernet networks.
- The 0940 PSL 603 bus coupling module permits the integration of up to thirty 0942 UEM 670 shadow modules in a Profibus network. Serving as inactive secondary components, these modules each provide eight digital I/O connections. They can be activated by means of a hot plug function without compromising the higher-level Profibus communication. In this way, lines can also be retrofitted or upgraded when in operation and without the need for additional hardware.
- The 0942 UEM 602 and 0942 UEM 612 I/O modules each feature four digital outputs for an increased output current limiting of 2A per line and a maximum total of 6A. Whereas the 0942 UEM 602 version has standard-type outputs, those of the 0942 UEM 612 version are designed for safety critical applications up to Performance Level D of the new machinery directive. Amongst others, therefore, this module is also suitable for intrinsically safe actuator control or reliable emergency power-off functions.
- The 0941 UNC 601/…M LioN-Link power module is used for decentralized power supply. It has four ports, two potential circuits and a 10 m lead with a conductor gauge of 5x1 mm 2 . This provides for bridging distances of up to 25 m without voltage loss as well as for configuring separate potential groups each with their own fuses.
A custom-tailored solution
Beyond ensuring safe data communication, the LioN-Link peripheral I/O fieldbus system also contributes to the efficient operation of machines and plants. Says Product Manager Robert Strehmann: “Regardless of the required wiring in the field, LioN-Link always offers a custom-tailored solution. The system’s high level of flexibility pays at the planning stage as well as in any future retrofits or upgrades. Moreover, it also helps to reduce energy consumption.”